The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Tamariz Deck Stack (Stackview) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Hi all,

I am half way through learning this stack I can do all positions up to 27 and know the cards at where they are in deck. Im using the test a lot on Stackview great help.

My question is this, why do you think he came up with this stack, it is a totally random stack do you think he just liked the way the cards are in the stack or what.

Do any of you do Everybodys Lazy ?

James
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Everybody's Lazy is excellent. I do it whenever I do mem deck work. The tamraiz stack was developed to look random yet have all the capabilites of a staystack as well as built in gambling and spelling effects. The added bonus is that the stack can be gotten into and shuffled into NDO.
dbiderman
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of dbiderman
I like that in the stack the ace of spades is number 7...i have found that several times when I ask for any number between 1 and 52, I will get a reply of 7...this leads perfectly into some sort of build up of how the ace of spades is the best card in gambling, and that you can control it to whatever number they say.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Quote:
On 2004-11-12 11:56, MyTurnPlzAA wrote:
My question is this, why do you think he came up with this stack, it is a totally random stack do you think he just liked the way the cards are in the stack or what.

Umm, there's a huge book out there with many reasons as to why he developed the stack...
tjo'
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2539 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Quote:
On 2004-11-12 11:56, MyTurnPlzAA wrote:

This stack was constructed with specific goals in mind. Read Mnemonica and this will become apparent.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein