The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Street Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
Ok, so this may not be the right place to post this topic, if not please move me!

So, have any of you guys been lucky enought to spot street hypnosis on BRAVO? Basically the idea is that a hypnotist uses instant hypnosis in the street environment to make people do stupid things such as fishing in a water feature.

Although I thought the show would irritate the hell out of me and I constantly questioned the morality behind how the show actually works I was pleasantly suprised with several effects used and the hypnotists (I forget his name) rapport with his instant audience.

One routine was a standard 'which cup is the ball under' however, the hypnotist used glass tumblers and told the subkect that he could not see through the glass. The hypnotist now asked the subject to mix up the cups with a ball under one of them, the hypnotist could get it right everytime....however, he took it one stage further. The hypnotist bet £1 that he could guess the right cup, yet he purposely choose the wrong one. This continued until the subject had about £20 of the hypnotists money. The hypnotist said that the subject was far too good at mixing the cups, he should bet with the money he has just won with the audience. So an audience member chooses the correct cup over and over and over until all the money goes back to the hypnotist as he finally allows the subject to see through the glass tumblers.

The face on the subject was a picture as he tried to understand how everyone in the audience could guess which cup the ball was under.

Any thoughts about this show anyone?

Bryan
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
I think that's Paul McKenna's show.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
I think the hypnotist was called Max Power, and the show was surprisingly entertaining and didn't nearly deserve the flak I have heard it's been getting.
One day I will write a book
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Hey, if he landed a TV gig, he's the man. If it's another british performer, however, he's going to have the same trouble breaking into the US market that McKenna did.
lawrencetreagus
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of lawrencetreagus
Peter Powers is the name of the hypnotist and it's great. It's actually being replayed at the moment. It was originaly on about 4 months ago. I haven't decided whether it has inspired me or given me a burning desire to rip it off. As for the morals I didn't let that concern me, I just took great pleasure in someone elses misfortune.

regards
deverett
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of deverett
This is Peter Powers.

The inductions are not instant. They are done off camera.