The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Vanishing Dove Carousel Finale Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
It's been a year since I last used my Proline Dove Carousel Vanish. I just used it again today. I'm thinking of other ways to add a surprise ending to this instead of just merely throwing the cloth in the air.
I've seen Dave Womach produce a parrot from the cloth. Other magicians produce a snake or even a woman from it. Tony Clark adds some powder at the top of the cloth and it looks like smoke.
Any other ideas or suggestions?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
magic mike
View Profile
New user
Michael M.
88 Posts

Profile of magic mike
Lou,
Have you seen what Amos Levkovitch does in his act? Truly original!
Channing Pollack is my idea of the perfect magician. For those of you that have not seen him perform, I recommend trying to get hold of a video of an old movie called "European Nights" made about 1959.
I was able to buy this video from Stevens Magic
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hi Lou,
Try to think at it from a totally different angle. If you were to produce something from the cage vanish, it will be amazing for the audience, but they'll start comparing you to other magicians who have done it before. It's almost as redundant as a cage vanish in general, not that it isn't amazing to a lay audience anymore, but they've seen it in some shape or form and they'll be thinking about "what was that magician we saw at the theme park that did that, what was the magicians we saw on the cruise that did something similar but he produced a girl, didn't that one guy we saw produce a macaw with his?, etc. etc.". I'm not saying don't use it, it's still puzzling, I still use mine all the time. But think if it not as the ending of the routine. There is stuff more powerful than a cage vanish that can be used as a "kicker", encore, or an even more powerful ending than just tossing the cloth and bowing. You could use the cloth, if big enough, for a costume change with an assistant appearance or something, that's a lame example, but you get the idea...

Sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Small helium filled balloons that float upwards.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Color changing cloth?

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com