The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Mark Wilson's Magic Bingo (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Has anyone picked this up yet? I am interested in the idea of the whole audience rising up and yelling at the same time. (only not throwing tomatos this time) My major question is do we have to but the cards from Mark Wilson? Can we have them printed ourselfs?

Thanks

Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Phil,

We are one of the lucky dealers selected by Mark Wilson to carry this item. This is worth much more than the asking price. The possibilities are endless. The instructional binder is full of ideas that can be used in any performance situation.The Bingo Cards supplied can be printed off yourself when the supply you receive is depleted. Custom printed cards can be purchased directly from Mark Wilson if you desire. I can tell you Magic Bingo by Mark Wilson has my highest recommendation.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I'm posting just so this gets to the top of the page and dosen't get lost. I'd like to hear from some people who know about this effect. It sounds like a lot fun.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The only question is, besides the bingo cards being handed out. Do you need to provide a marking device for the audience?

This could get expensive if you have to hand out a 2000 markers to the audience. I have read most of the advertising and nothing is mentioned about this important point.
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
I broke down a ordered it. I will post as soon as I get it. As for wmhgbil's question I was planning to use golf pencils with my number or something like that. I don't think you have to use a "bingo marker"

Has anyone gotton a copy yet?

Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
Dean Dill
View Profile
1947 - 2015
248 Posts

Profile of Dean Dill
I used Magic Bingo last nite for the UNOCAL company party. I was very happy to see the reaction it created. Instead of me conducting the game I gave instructions to the CEO and he introduced it as something fun for them to play. Since I was doing the magic show I decided that it would be better if CEO got all the credit. He was thrilled to be a part of it and when everyone stood and screamed UNOCAL it made for a very powerful ending to a great evening. There was 120 people in the audience.

A lot of noise generated. It even surprised me when they all stood and yelled UNOCAL.

I had Mark Wilson print he bingo cards for me. It personalized them and made it a lot easier for me. The way the cards are printed is very important because they have to be in a certain sequence to work right. That way people will not see someone next to them with the same card.

I used golf pencils and they worked just fine. Hardly any expense.

Now, instead of playing the entire game at the end of the show, I taught the CEO to use the forcing bag. I had numbers picked progressively throughout the show. As I would finish an effect, he would pull out a number, and they would write it down. Simple and quick. By the time I was finished with the show, we were down to the last number. I had him ask me to pick the number. I handed it to him, he called it out and the entire room exploded with noise, then laughter. I figured that they would think, because I was the Magician I caused everyone to win at once. Either way it would work just fine.

Anyway that was my take on Mark Wilson's Magic Bingo.

Dean Dill
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Great idea Sir Dill... UNOCAL, eh, I used to work photo gigs for them and some mojo for their PR dude in the East...had a crazy experience doing a PREDICTION.

The guy I had fedexed the envelope to didn't show up, but gave it to another guy. They guy got totally drunk at the party... I almost couldn't get the "work" in (Koran letter opener).

Just as I started to stick the opener in the guy grabbed the envelope away from me. (I did get it in).

He then walked away and said, "I know you guys, you want to open this... I am not going to let you even get close to it." (heheheheheheh)

I told him, "OK, I have not touched it, right?" etc etc.

When he opened it he was DEVESTATED.

I had predicted, to the Thousandth-of-a-second, the speed of the pole winner of the Daytona 500 race (Richard Petty).

Talk about a close shave, but a KILLER SAVE.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Cashetta
View Profile
Regular user
Rehoboth Beach, DE
128 Posts

Profile of Cashetta
I LOVE magic bingo and it's such a great way to get the audience involved and perfect for parties and corp events. I always customize it whenevr possible because it's a huge selling point of my act now. I highly reccommend it!

Cashetta
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
Mark Wilson attended our IBM meeting last night and demonstrated his Bingo routine. It was terrific! It is hard to imagine an effect that would work better for a large group of people and have as many possibilities for advertizing for the magician, the company, etc. Top notch!

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1122 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I'm wondering if there are any prizes advertised for the winner? And if so, how does this play out when everyone is a winner? I'm thinking that this would be a cool way of handing out gifts that were going to be given out anyways.
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I do magic bingo. I borrow some $$ from a audience member. At the end when everyone wins I just say that I saw the person who loaned me the money jump up first. It even gets a little laugh. After doing this a few times I have found that it takes some careful audience management for the effect to go over well. If it's not done right people may figure out what's going to happen.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Mr. Phil, I'm interested in your review. Have you put it into a show yet and what's your take on the value of this effect?
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of snushy
A decent idea for the prize is the faux $1 million bills often used by direct marketers as a "grabber." They look really good, even though everyone knows they're fake. You could announce that the prize is One Million Dollars with pinkie to corner of mouth a la Austin Powers' Dr. Evil. Might get a chuckle.
L. Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I've been using Magic Bingo for everything from company picnics & dinners to those dreaded scout shows. The response is great. I designed my own cards on the computer then customize them for the client before sending the masters to my printer. I use crayons or golf pencils for markers. If you follow the script provided, prizes won't be an issue. I prefer the comic way out with a hum and a haw then pointing to the company CEO or guest of honor as the "clear" winner. The interesting part is watching everyone comparing their cards afterwards trying to figure out how the effect was accomplished...which was my initial concern. I have yet to have anyone even suggest a solution.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
I have a few questions about Magic Bingo.

1. Do you folks use this as Dean Dill does ... during your magic show or as a show in and of itself?

2. How long does it take to play the entire game if going by the script?

Thanks

John Cesta
davidbod
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of davidbod
1) I tend to use it one go. If you allow too much of a gap between rounds, especially if there's only one or two numbers left, some people will twig what's going to happen.

2) 2 minutes to set up, 3 minutes or less to play.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Is it difficult to make sure the correct numbers are picked, which would make showmanship for us hobbyists out here a little more difficult?
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Quote:
On 2007-08-15 09:05, johncesta wrote:

I have a few questions about Magic Bingo.

1. Do you folks use this as Dean Dill does ... during your magic show or as a show in and of itself?

2. How long does it take to play the entire game if going by the script?

Thanks

John Cesta

1. I did it not in my show, but after the show, the one that play is the MC, its easy to teach them to do,
and in the midle of the game the mc ask me to pick one number as an honor... then the magic begins!

2. 15 minutes .
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Sorry to repeat, but can anyone comment on the difficulty level of the effect? difficult to "pick" the right numbers?
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1607 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
It is not difficult at all. In fact it is a breeze to pick the number.

Ron