The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Food for thought :: Flexability: Coin sleights vs. card sleights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
If I don't have a pack of cards with me, I can often use business cards. For reformations of course, but also - simply marking the cards on their back - for things like twisting the aces. So card moves can be transferred to other objects indeed.
Looks impromptu ... but isn't! Heh, heh!

Best, Chris
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
TylerErickson
View Profile
New user
St. Paul, Minnesota
50 Posts

Profile of TylerErickson
As I was contemplating the "Elmsley count as concealment for secret attachment" conundrum, it occurred to me that I AM aware of something that has utilized a card count for just such a thing.

Paul Harris's "Ultimate Rip-off".

In this routine a card is apparently ripped into four pieces, then 3/4 restored. The "Pieces" are displayed with a count that is (in essence) the E-Y-E count.

The specific function of the count? To conceal a secretly joined condition.

To me, the purpose of this thread is about seeing connections, and (hopefully) inspiring those who might normally think, "That blankity-blank move has NO connection to this blankity-blank move."

If it served its function for anyone, I am ecstatic. (I know I have learned something!)

Later my friends,

Tyler

Quote:
Along with Sid, I'm wondering how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

I once saw some Hell's Angels stomping on a guy who looked like Zippy the Pinhead. if this counts the answer is five.