The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: Illusion Show Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
armagician
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of armagician
I have put together a show which consists of about 11 stage illusions. In the middle of my show I need to change costume, but I can’t just leave the stage (It would be empty) and I don’t really want to change the order of the illusions. Any ways to change clothes while something else is happening. I will perform about 20 - 30 minutes before I need the costume change and then I will come back with about 40 more minutes. Any help will help! Thank You all in advance
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Why not try a intermission.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Just do metamorphesis, or any illusin that puts you in a cabinet out of view, and change in there.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Is it a difficult change. (just a change of shirt)

If so reappear in the audience and change your shirt on the way to the back

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
armagician
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of armagician
I didn't want to have an intermission but I could try it. Thanks for all your Help! Any More! I'm still excepting ideas or thoughts. If you would like to email then please feel free ray@theamazingray.com
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
Spray paint?

:rainbow:

--- Guy
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
What do you need to change? If it is just a jacket, vest and/or shirt just do it on stage while doing a nice humorous patter. Do it while being entertaining. It was good enough for Red Shelton and others!

Then again you did mention that you were doing about 11 stage illusions. Your answer is there. You have to have someone help with the illusions don't you? Well, let her/him/them entertain while you do your thing back stage. It does not have to be a magical effect. It could be something different. The bottom line is entertainment!

Ray
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 19:16, armagician wrote:
I didn't want to have an intermission but I could try it. Thanks for all your Help! Any More! I'm still excepting ideas or thoughts. If you would like to email then please feel free ray@theamazingray.com

Option 1-

At our Illusion show-we have an intermission after 45 mins-change if required then do a blitzing finale of 30-35 mins for the second half-Audiences love this as the show leaves them wanting more!!

Option 2-

We use a friend/fellow entertainer for 10 mins instead of a break -(change if required!)-you should always have other forms of entertainment available if poss-Dancers etc as a seperate act-adds variety & becomes a show- WE had huge success with local Irish Dance school dancers

Cheers