The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Dream Bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Any advice on caring for and storing my dream bag.

Thank you.
Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi El Lamo:

My advice is to get extra bags, as the creased parts of the bag wear out. I looked long and hard for a source, and found the Magic Warehouse to the only placed to purchase extra bags.

Their website is http://www.magicwarehouse.com

Ron
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Thanks for the link.

Do you keep the boxes folded or unfolded.
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I keep mine in the open position. I think if you keep them in the folded position, you'll weaken the spring flowers.

One little performing bit a got from Harry Allen's DVD: After all three boxes have been produced, put them back in the bag, with the first two going in vertically, side by side. The third goes in horizontally, on top. Harry says this helps sell the illusion that so much came from a flat bag.

Ron
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I store mine folded and it hasn't been a problem so far. The boxes wear pretty quickly also.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Has anyone else noticed that in the smaller bag version the flowers open up much slower? I have to give mine short 'tugs' to them to open up.

Each time I've seen the large version done, no 'tug' is required. Is this due to bag dimensions?

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Mr. Muggle:

I have the large version and it takes a tug or two to get everything open. I don't think it's a big deal - I really don't think anyone notices.

The problem may be with the manufacturer of your bag. Black Hat Magic makes the best (and most expensive) version. There is an inferior version coming out of India. I wonder if you have the Indian-made version.

The Black Hat version costs about $70.00 while you can get the Indian version on ebay for $20.00 or less sometimes.

Ron
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
The expensive version is worth the price difference, IMOH.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
The small version I have I think was$60, and the larger version done on Harry's DVD was about $100- If I remember correctly. I know that I don't have the cheaper version from India. I have had mine for a while, and it wasn't cheap.

I would think that they would operate the same. (large and small versions) Its not a one or two tug problem, but a multiple tug motion that just appears un-natural to me. I improved on it as much as I could and never thought much of it until I saw the jumbo bag done on Harry Allen's DVD. Although I couldn't stand his presentation, I found that his bag produced the flowers more smoothly than my own. I hoped for some insight thinking that I had overlooked something in my own working of the bag.

Maybe I'll just get the larger one.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I store mine in the folded position, and so far have had no problems with the spring flowers.The bag gets stored in the open state.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I store mine folded. I use the effect quite a bit. I have the large version and the small version. They were expensive but worth every penny. I do like the thought of returning them back to the bage like earlier mentioned.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am going to stick packing tape inside along the corners from top to the bottom in mine. When the boxes are pulled out, it will not wear down the seams.