The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: Does anyone know any good UK escape suppliers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

Can any UK escape artists point me in the right direction for buying equipment, books and videos in the UK? I am interested in suppliers of ungimmicked equipment as well as stuff intended for use by escapologists.

Ta in advance

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
What America is not good enough for you? Joking...
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Hi

I've faced this same problem - I can't find much in the way of suitable restraints. I considered contacting a mental hospital near by (I'm in Scotland) but haven't got round to it.

Some restraints things can be bought from UK magic dealers - I think http://www.magicworld.co.uk has some stuff.

Let me know how you get on as I'm keen to do some straight-jacket work in the near future.

Cheers

ML
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

Dr Zodiac...You said...

"What America is not good enough for you? Joking..."

It would be great if it wasn't so hard to get stuff sent over! I am not refering to cannons here BTW. I made a purchase recently and they were fantastic. However, after postage and the import taxes things ending up costing rather a lot. Not their fault at all, just the way things are.

Missing Link...You Said...

"Some restraints things can be bought from UK magic dealers - I think http://www.magicworld.co.uk has some stuff."

I have bought stuff from them before however, there is a problem. The escape supplies they are selling are now no longer available due to the death of David De Val who was responsible for producing the equipment they sold. What we need is a supplier who is importing the kind of equipment sold by Cannons.

Have fun

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook