The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Rolling table base ideas... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I've been looking at different restaurant equipment websites for table bases....you know the ones.....polished crome poles on 3-5 legs (I want a 4 leg base) I want to be able to put caster wheels on it as well... The table bases run from $35-$70... what is your luck with finding bases...Do you recommend one over the other... I plan to build my own table tops so I can make them match but also incorporate all the "bells and whistles" such as mini-flash-pots, rollershades, spandex top for "Where Do Ducks Go"...etc... Magically, Bryan
TricksDaniel
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola,FL
248 Posts

Profile of TricksDaniel
Check ebay. They usually have different ones from time to time. I also have seen a company on there before that sold them in lots. Hope this helps.
Owner DC_ILLUSIONS
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The bad news is the prices on this stuff have jumped 15% this past year due to steel prices.

The good news is I had bought 50 units (minimum lot) before this all happen. It is the table base I use on the water bowl which you can see on the website. If you are interested in one, I can work up a price for you. They are 30" tall, with locking casters. The upright is chromed steel with a flange on top to wingnut a tabletop onto. The base itself is aluminum.

But look on ebay you might be able to find some used or look at a second hand store.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Richard,
I checked out your site...I love those Botanias... Anyway, I really didn't get a great look at the base of the table... Malloy has a pro-line table offered for $275...I am only looking for the base (legs) and the pole.... Check out his site.. I think it is the same bases you are using. My friend uses something called a "Porta-Leg"... have you heard of this? I am intrested in what you have. If it is much like what Doug is offering, what would you charge for four of them? Feel free to PM me!
Bryan
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7569 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Bryan -

You might be interested in the links I posted a while ago on this thread:

Magic Café thread... Building Open Top Table Help.

Look for the links to Dancing Spring Magic Tables and Table Bases. (My post on that thread is the second post.) The base alone (no top) is $135.

It also occurred to me that these type of bases are similar to those used on some IV poles in hospitals. Perhaps you could look for used IV poles, etc., on e-Bay? I know, its a weird idea!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
You may want to go with a five star base, it's more stable than four wheels.
POOF!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bryan,
I will snap a photo tomorrow of the table base and send you. I am waiting to hear the current price from the manufacturer on these bases. I am guessing they will be in the $150 to $175 range.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
I know this is a very old thread, but does anyone have a good source for these types of rolling bases now days - rolling base, pole, and flange?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I still have a source.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Mozart
View Profile
New user
Rochester, MN
80 Posts

Profile of Mozart
Look for rolling mannequin stands on line. They come in a variety of metals and colors, have built-in locking casters and can be ordered plain or ornate. Most sites also sell the flange you'll need to turn them into tables. I've seen them from $30 to $100, depending on the material.