The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Showoff with Cards DVD (ripoff!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
Quote:
if they are teaching the wrong moves, then how are they stealing the moves if what they are teaching is different?? mabee that's why devo didn't seem to care about the issue because the stuff was incorrect..

sorry man.. but that's just stupid to say..Smile
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
287 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
Hey Burns
It is stupid, but I think all this crying about who stole who's moves is just as stupid... it's been happening ever since the art has been around and I'm sure it will continue to happen 100 years from now... The only way to stop the stealing is for the creators to not release it to the public... you cant steal whats not there...
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
True, but there are other ways. lol, and one day, they might find that out.

Jinx
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
287 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
Hopefully!!
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Recently Micheal Skinners 3 card monte was also ripped off:

http://www.magicmakersinc.com/MillionDollarMonte.wmv
Roman
View Profile
New user
London
42 Posts

Profile of Roman
They don't even do the flipback properly! Could at least have the decency to do it RIGHT for christs sake

Roman
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Maybe they could make more money if they gave away faux cards with a forgery of De'vo's autograph with the DVD's.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have seen this DVD and I think lot of the card stuff is great. Many flourishes was new for me.
Very cool cuts, looks amazing.
Over 60 cool card stunts to see or learn...
Kay
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Kay
I got mine too. Not that bad but not as good as GenX.
Antz
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Antz
Lol..."Not as good as GenX"?

But GenX isn't that very good anyway. Showoff 1 & 2 by Brian Tudor is waaaay better than GenX.

Showoff with Cards by your definition is down at the bottom of the food chain then =P
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
287 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
Theres a lot of beginners that bought it... that means in about 6 months, theres gonna be a big surge of new flourishers... lol
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Quote:
On 2004-11-03 22:02, Antz wrote:
Lol..."Not as good as GenX"?

But GenX isn't that very good anyway. Showoff 1 & 2 by Brian Tudor is waaaay better than GenX.

Showoff with Cards by your definition is down at the bottom of the food chain then =P

The material in Generation X kicks butt.
The DVD is a great DVD and I enjoyed watching the performances a lot, very nicely put together. The only thing bad in the DVD was the teaching. All the material and stuff covered in the dvd thought is great so just becuse the teaching is bad, it doesn't mean the DVD and the moves suck.

Personally I think Generation X had more intresting moves than the showoff series.

Anyone else?
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
UlmenWannaB
View Profile
New user
TX
2 Posts

Profile of UlmenWannaB
That vid was FUNNY!His fans were clumpy,his fingers were spread in the flip back,and I herd he used the wrong fan for the birdy fan,and his spring is SOOO clumpy!That DVD kicks A**!cough....its own!
TheWannaB
Kay
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Kay
Quote:
Personally I think Generation X had more intresting moves than the showoff series.

Anyone else?

Me !

I don't wanna talk about teaching in GENX because I don't care much about it, I watch to learn his routines and performance. Teaching part is Not important to me at all.

SHOW OFF performance is unbelievable, so fastttt !!!!! Brian is completely inhuman. Hat off !
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
"When you pay money to learn a move, you shouldn't have to figure it out alone"

If you want to learn his routines.. how do you do it with no theaching? how can you learn from someone if they theach bad?

Just my 2 cents.

"Theres a lot of beginners that bought it... that means in about 6 months, theres gonna be a big surge of new flourishers... lol " - trickster2000

lol agreed. and we will be here to put em straight. and lead tem to the creators Smile
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
Kay
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Kay
Burns, I said it was just for me man, I can enjoy and learn his performing style.
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
287 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
The Birdy Fan he does was brutal because it looked like the fan was about to fall and his fingers were curled as if he was trying to carry a shopping bag instead of having the palm up and fingers stretched out... Does anyone know who was the performer in that dvd?? Some say its Rob the Stiff, but I don't even think he is that capable...