The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I want to see the manager! :: Come on guys - a bit of policing! :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Suffolk
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Suffolk
You've got to start applying some restrictions on membership.

You seem extraordinarily quick to censure somethings but....

I can't believe how many new and obviously non magician posters there are on the Derren Brown thread - do you think they are just going to go away when he is gone? The are just going to post the requsite 50 posts and then access the restricted areas.

I'm all for "magicians helping magicians" but "magicians allowing access to information to non magicians" is not exactly helping me or any other working pro!

And before anyone says "well they can't find out much" - Harry Lorraine said "If they think you are doing *something* it's just as bad as them finding out what you are doing"

Come on - help the working pros - tighten up and kick 'em off!

Doug
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
I agree...maybe a question and answer session could be inculcated. for example som Generela knowledge questions about magic and its hirtory which a laymen will not know. This will ensure that the enroller is at least a hobbyist rather than some lurking layman.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I was going to post the same thing. Thanks for beating me to the punch.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Doug and plainman, we appreciate your concern however the Café is a free site to anyone who wishes to join. We have many non-professional or working members that merely have an interest in magic. The staff reads all posts that are submitted for content, applicability and rules violations and takes necessary action if needed. We especially watch for those members that continually post nonsense to reach the 50 post goal and try our best to prevent that.

The Café is meant for all levels of membership whether beginner or advanced professional and setting up an entrance exam would not be in the best interest or in line with the goal of the MagicCafe.
Where the magic begins