The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Food for thought :: Personality (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
I recently started keeping a magical journal of sorts. Just a place where I could jot down any thoughts I might have on theory/philosophy, presentation, character and effects I might ever think up. The first entry in this is about Influence. Now, I don't mean who necessarily influences you as a magician, but what about magic first influenced you into taking this journey? Was it to be the cause of wonderment in someones life for even just a few minutes? Was it due to family tradition? Was it even for those reasons such as to be able to have "power" over people or to "get the chicks"? I am not here to judge, I am just curious as this may give a little insight into myself in some small way. Because even if it were for the latter reasons, something must have fluxed in the reasoning, or it would have been abandoned long ago for something just as good, but that didn't take the hours of practice and rehersal that magic takes.
Any input would be appreiciated
Thank You
Shawn

P.S. One of the other points that also came to light in the writing of this is How does this influence affect your performance style/character? Does it?
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I originally got into magic because I saw a magician and wanted to learn. However, the first trick I ever learned exposed me to the "how" magic works. The mechanics or 'secret' of how magic works is what motivates me to a large part. The utter simplicity of method, yet the miracles one can produce is fascinating. So magic itself, is the influence and reason to keep growing.
Coram Deo