The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Flavors from the past... :: Pandora's Box @The Richmond Mall. (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
This was the first really nice magic shop,that I ever visited.I also met Joe Lefler(owner and operator)Joe and I have been friends,ever since.Mant of you may know Joe as the manufacturer of those awsome Pro Suitcase Tables.He's more than that.His shop was always well stocked,and organized.He carried the latest and greatest in close-up and stage magic.I remember going to Pandora's Box as an akward teen ager,wanting so badly to learn magic.Joe not only sold me magic,he made sure I knew how to do the effects,before I left the store.He also gave me advice on what to get,as wellas what to steer clear of.As the years went on,Joe and I became friends.We remain so to this day.I have so many wonderful memories of a great magic shop,an awsome mentor,and my very good friend.
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Joe started his Pandora's Box shop in an inside market style building that was a huge box store cut into small shops with topless booths/stores called Grand Central Station. The store had no roof inside a large store, he was not topless. Smile Kind of like a small business incubator.

Then he moved to a strip mall down the street called Willo Plaza and shared his store with a coin dealer and someone else from the first location before he finally got into Richmond Mall.

He always had, and still does have, some very cool effects and props. And is very tolerant of us young'ins hanging out. He was at the IBM convention with a booth full of beautiful things and deals. He is considered a goto resource for the folding tables and PA systems, plus some other effects he has built.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I was just thinking about Pandora's Box today, and remember seeing Joe's store evolve from the Magic Hat in Willoughby Ohio, to Willo Plaza, and then Richmond Mall. I agree with everything you both said Brian and Magic J. Manuel. Joe ran one of the best magic shops I've ever visited - and I've probably been in over 50. The shop was well-designed, well-lit, well-displayed, and had a wonderfully tempting stock, including an ample selection of books. I bought my first set of high-end cups at Pandora's Box. Rings-N-Things chromed cups, or as they are affectionately known as, "The Bells of St. Marys." I still have them, just like the memories of Joe and his shop.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.