The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Details of the job?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mr. Steel
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mr. Steel
I'm highly interested in restaurant magic and have been reading a lot on this subject lately. May I suggest "The Magic Menu...First Five Years" It's a GREAT book! Anyhow, of all the things that I've read I still haven't seen anything about contracts on anything like that. I was wondering how most of you go about getting the job. Do you sign a contract with the manager or do you just shake hands. Another thing is taxes. If someone could write up something and explain all of this I would greatly appreciate it. Also, how do you get paid? Is it by check or does the manager just give you cash at the end of your shift? All this might not seem like a big deal, but I'd like to know how to handle everthing before actually getting my first job. Thanks for any replies.

David
trevorsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
The U.K.
186 Posts

Profile of trevorsmagic
Hi David,
A very good question and I am sure you will receive several replies.
I personally found most of the answers to my questions which were very similar to yours in The Restaurant Workers Handbook by
Jim Pace, I found it answered many of my questions and more.
I did find that I had to slightly adapt some of his thinking to the U.K. style but all in all it is a very good book filled with useful and practical comments.
Just my opinion and I hope this helps.
best regards Trevor Smile