The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: Where Not to Put Your eBooks: Warning (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Ok, I hope this is the right area to post this. Recently, I downloaded a napster type program, in the hopes of locating some very old music for my father. When you install it, it asks, if you would like it to search your system for files to share....Ok, I was looking for something, why not share the few mp3's I have. What I did not know, is it placed my ebooks, in the share folder.

As I was looking for music, I noticed a transer taking place, no big deal, until I saw the file name!! Some one was trying to download one of my Magic Ebooks!

Word to the wise, if you have magic files on your computer and use one of those Music swapping programs, BE CAREFUL!!

I have now uninstalled my file sharing program, I will just have to covert my Dad's LP's to CD.

Kevin Smile
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
That goes for any information on a computer you don't want to share. Very good advice Sir T! Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Was it Limewire you were using? There is an option you can set to make it so people can only download from folders you specify.

Mary