The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Lights...camera...action! :: Need killer street magic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
I am about to produce a tv special,blaine style ,can anyone feed me with info about some killer street or other type of magic?????????tq
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
1. If you were "producing" a real television magic series, you wouldn't be asking for trick ideas on a magic forum.

2. If you have the talent and personality to market and sell a television magic series, you obviously would have had years of experience in performing, and familiar with all things magical. You wouldn't need to be asking for “killer blaine style tricks”.

3. Your show would have a budget. Use it to hire professionals who have been doing television consulting for many many decades. Think Andre Cole, Don Alan, Jim Steinmeyer, Banachek, Maven, etc...

4. Most Television performers use routines of their own, and ideas they created, perhaps specifically for the show. If anyone suggested any "killer tricks". You would have to purchase outright television rights from the creator. Blaine, for example, purchased television rights to Anders Moden's "Healed & Sealed", and owns those rights until 2005.

5. Why copy Blaine, and ride off his success? Wouldn't it be better to spend your time creating a new concept for a magic show? Just as Blaine did several years ago.

Question. Are you really producing a magic series, or are you getting possible ideas to pitch a series to a network?
Because there is a big difference. Hundreds of magicians (among many other variety performers) submit show ideas to television networks each year. How many end up producing their own series?

-malini.
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
Dear malini,....... the fact of the matter is , I am producing it,...
here from where I come from there are not many magical shows going on,neither r there any major magic factory or supplies that can help you in a mega show......
I got interested in magic since young and it has been a struggle throuh out the years to come up with a good show as all I have is some basic knowledge and the numerous illusion show
scds I have......
I have been working with some technical people who had been helping me since I started producing my first tv acts.............

now some tv peole who saw my earlier one our special got really interested in me and have agreed to put up a series of specials and we are all sleeping on it together!!!!!!!!!
my worry is if I hit it big good for me ,if not ill be in trouble in future as my earlier show was full of illusions and this current project is based on mainly street magic with a few illusions thrown in every now and then......hence my "small items" has to be really good,,,,any help?????????
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
One suggestion I have is to reflect on what kind of magic you like and what skills you have and how much time you have to get routines together ready for production time. You may get either few responses to your request or some negative, apprehensive, and/or skeptical responses. I would also check out websites like The Trickery, Hocus Pocus, Penguin Magic, etc. and look at some of their online video demonstrations of effects. Street magic can take different approaches depending on the venue and the performer's style. Do you like cards, coins, rope, silk effects? Are you into cup and balls? And how do you want to consider cultural factors into your magic? I have lived in the USA for the past 37 years I am now 44 years of age). If I were to do a show in my native country (Ecuador) then I would do things somewhat (not necessarily drastically) different.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more detailed feedback on some effects that I am partial to if you thing that may be helpful. Take care!

Jimmy

You could also do some mini-illusions as street magic that require non-gimmicked items.

Jimmy

Here's a thread on favorite street magic effects.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&22

There are others on the site if you do a search, which you may have done already.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."