The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Sanada 'Tips' Anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
Hi all!

Just got hold of a Sanada gimmick. Literally. Do any of you use one? Any thoughts on handling? Seems like a lot of work on my part will have to go into this little gem...

Frank.
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Rough it gently with a bit of sand paper and buy a tube of spot cover that women use (it's make up in like a lipstick tube) then apply it to the gimmick to bring it to a more
white person UK colour. If you do this it becomes a lot more invisible.
Phillip
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
Dan Garrett has an excellent routine called The Cosmic Egg in his booklet "2002 The Last Palindrome by Dan Garrett". An imaginary egg visually materializes at the fingertips. The egg is cracked in glass to show it is real.

Risto
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
Thanks for that tip, Phillip. The flesh tone does seem a little dark. Is it wise to start trimming it as per instructions?

Risto L, a *real* egg, from a Sanada? Not unless you switch it for one of those wonderful white sponge eggs...

Thanks,

Frank.
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2000 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Jay Scott Berry has a video out on his version of the Sanada gimmick, which is called the "Cloaking Device".

You may want to check it out, as some of the routines will work with a regular Sanada gimmick and you may find that you like the advantages of Jay's Device.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Yes And eggs are not white in the Uk
Phillip
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have a few routines with this gimmick. Pm me if you're interested.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
Quote:
Risto L, a *real* egg, from a Sanada? Not unless you switch it for one of those wonderful white sponge eggs...

Yes, it`s a sponge egg which is later switched for the real thing. My description of the effect was from a spectator`s point of view. If you can`t get your hands on any white eggs the switch will be quite obvious though. Smile
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Brian: Yes, you should trim the gimmick to fit comfortably in your hand.