The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Hello Sucker! by Harry Anderson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I understand that, I have taken a few courses on copyright law. All I'm saying is, if you want a compilation DVD and can find the clips, make it yourself, just don't make money off it. (I've only found two myself).

I guess my point is, if nobody is making, or trying to make a profit off of the media that they hold, no harm is being done to them if someone does something like I mentioned. Hell, I have old TV shows and specials on VHS that I recorded off TV that I'm converting over to DVD. It was copyright infringement for me to record off TV in the first place, and converting it is just as wrong. I view it the same way. (Note, what I have recorded is not commercially available, and when and if it is, I will certainly buy it, and have done so in the past).

But this is really getting off topic now.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Does Harry Anderson ever visit The Café?
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I doubt it.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Has he outgrown the magic geek stage? Smile
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
425 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Funny how conversations on internet message boards sometimes stretch over years. Both of the Harry specials (that sounds weird) mentioned in this thread are available on dvd (at least they were a few months ago). Tricks of His Trade can be found at Owens Magic Supreme. Hello Sucker! can be found at the Magic Central Magic Shop in Asheville.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2008-10-13 13:33, Merenkov wrote:
Funny how conversations on internet message boards sometimes stretch over years. Both of the Harry specials (that sounds weird) mentioned in this thread are available on dvd (at least they were a few months ago). Tricks of His Trade can be found at Owens Magic Supreme. Hello Sucker! can be found at the Magic Central Magic Shop in Asheville.

Thanks very much!
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
A postscript: I ordered "Hello Sucker" from Magic Central a couple of weeks ago. The signed (by Harry Anderson) and numbered DVD arrived last weekend, and I watched it on Monday night...and again last night as well. Good times!

Thanks again to Merenkov for the tip.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2202 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
A post-post-script: This fabulous performance is now in several places on YouTube for the world to see:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JlthbJTv39U