The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I want to see the manager! :: Some thoughts, possible improvements :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
MC is a great forum. Well done. Some thoughts for you...

You use alternate backgrounds of light and dark green. Against dark green, the descriptive labels attached to the post icons (reply, quote etc.) are illegible. Maybe you could choose a different colour scheme, or change the colour of the icon labels/descriptors.

As far as I can see, there is nowhere in the Cafe which lists basic BBcode (e.g. underline, bold) which newbies might be interested in. Also, there is nowhere for practise posts for people who want to try out BBcode and see how it works.

For those who do want to use BBcode, or who just want to check against spelling flubs and typos, the option to preview posts before submitting would be useful.

When do I stop being labelled a 'New User'. I am anything but!
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Although I can’t help you out with the other stuff, thought you might like to check this out.

New user

1-100

Regular user

101-200

Loyal user

201-300

Veteran user

301-400

Elite user

401-500

Special user

501-1000

V.I.P

1001-90000

Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Ian, I'll try and answer your concerns the best I can. Smile

Newbies will find some answers to questions they may have by reading the "Welcome to the Cafe" forum, and the "Cafe Etiquette" area as well.

More information (Using BBcode, User Rankings, etc.) can be found in our FAQ section. The link is in the upper right of the forum screen. Smile

The thought of the 'Preview Post' option is one I am currently working on. Smile

As far as the color scheme is concerned, I've viewed the board on several different systems, and it really seems to vary.

I may offer users the option of choosing 'Different' color themes in the future, we'll have to wait and see.

The 'click-on' smilie option may not work if using a 'Mac' or 'Webtv', in that case you would need to type the actual 'Emoticon' code. All codes are listed in the FAQ as well. Smile

I hope this answers some of the questions that you and others have asked me. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks