The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring casket or okito box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
I'm interested in purchasing one of these tricks. Does anyone use these regularly? Can you give me the benefits of one over the other? Are these good tricks?

I have Bobos so I understand how the okito box works but I'm completely unfamiliar with the ring casket.

Thanks for the help.

Brian
Sk8rDave
View Profile
Regular user
California
189 Posts

Profile of Sk8rDave
The Ring Casket and the Okito box are completely different in their uses. Both are utility devices, meaning that they don't have one set routine that they go with. The Ring Casket is a little more limited since its job is to be the final impossible resting place of whatever object you want. In this respect it can replace a quarter-go box or a nest of boxes or a wallet or anything else that you might use as a final impossible location for a signed card or a signed bill or a coin or, even, a ring.

The Okito box is designed for coins, although one could use the okito to vanish a ring that appears in a ring casket. The Okito has numerous moves that have been invented and allows longer routines, coins can disappear from the box, appear inside the box, change in the box. However, some of the moves for these routines are non-trivial. Both have their uses and neither one could replace the other. Decide what you want to do and you can decide which you want.

Dave
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
Thanks Dave I've ordered a ring casket and will probably end up with both.

Is this a useable item or is it in your drawer?
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
It's a practical device that I keep in the drawer.
Sk8rDave
View Profile
Regular user
California
189 Posts

Profile of Sk8rDave
It's a very practical device but I don't currently use it. The key is that it should be used in a personalized routine. It's not an effect in itself. Initially I used it as part of a routine based on Mike Close's you axed for it from Workers 3. Since then, I've stopped doing that routine and it's been sitting in my drawer. I keep planning on buying another one since I really like the idea of introducing the casket in the beginning and then switching it out during the course of the routine so that you get an additional level of impossibility.

Two practical things about the ring casket. First, if you plan on putting a ring or a coin or anything else that's metallic in the casket cut a circle of felt and put it in the bottom. It will stop it from rattling as you make the load. Second, the load is a little tight if it's done in a pocket. It works fine from a briefcase or under a bar or behind the back but in the pocket it's just a little crowded to make the load as quick effortless as it ought to be. You don't want people to see you fumbling around while you reach into your pocket to pull out the casket since that is likely to point out the method.

Dave
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Brian,
Get David Roth's three box set when you're ready to jump. I love Roth Okito boxes..

Kregg
POOF!
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
Well I should have bought the okito box instead. The idea for the ring casket is neat but I can't see being able to load easily unless you're using a jacket pocket. Even then it would take a few seconds fumbling around to load.

The one good thing is that you're using something personal to the spec. and that's good magic.

This may make to the drawer faster than most other gimmicky items I've bought.