The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Magician's Nightmare by Jari Santala (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Check this new rope trick out, looks extremely nice.
You can see a video here:
http://hanklee.net/hankievision/index.html
(Realplayer)

Any comments?
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
It looks very much like a gimmicked version of the Prof. Nitemare, with rather poor handling.
Hardly that impressive for 30 bucks.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1882 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I know Santala and he said that it is developed just to fool other magicians. There is a lot of persons who will buy the tricks just to slay othr magicians and this one does it.
Santala is exellend card worker hand has many methods to fool magicians with their own pack.
majical
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of majical
I don't think this routine is practical. I thought it would be good to have, just to show other magicians. First of all, it pretty much has to be performed as an opening effect. Secondly, the performer must be wearing a jacket. Overall I was disappointed.

This is only good to use as a novelty to fool other magicians. If you want to go through a lot of set-up and other work to surprise a magician who is suspecting the regular Professor's Nightmare, then MAYBE you should look into this. Personally, I don't think it is worth it. Especially not for the price.

I really cannot recommend this.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I own it. Does anyone else here who is commenting on it?

It works fine for the purpose intended. For an ordinary professors nightmare, there are a number of other excellent routines. Whit Hayden, mongolian pop knot, etc

But this one will fry magicians. And that is why it was created. There is absolutely no reaons to use this on a lay audience.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
majical
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of majical
Just a quick question.

I've heard great things about Whit Haydn's "Mongolian Pop-Knot" routine. Is it a good routine to do for magicians? Or is it designed for the "real world"? I'm not sure which I am looking for, but would like to know either way
magic guy
View Profile
New user
Kansas
27 Posts

Profile of magic guy
I like the Mongolian Pop Knot a lot, and Whit Haydn is brazen and brilliant when he pulls it off. Whit says in his book he used to perform it on the streets of New York City, and I've performed it a few times as well on the street. It burns through rope pretty quick, but I consider that a sacrifice I make for the art. I've found two parts of it where you can get into trouble. You're sunk if you forget to put the final knot in your pocket before you begin, and sometimes the audience wants to "see that rope" at the end of the act. Two outs for that: move directly to another act is probably the best one; put a spare, whole rope in your pouch and swap them out. Whit is so good at it, I doubt they ask him to see the rope at the end of his act. His tape cracks me up every time I watch him. Smile
Poetry is magic with words; magic is wordless poetry.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi Guys,

Check out my routine for Prof.'s Nitemare on In the Trenches DVD. Similar to mine is James Lewis work on his Million Dollar Mysteries Video. Worthy of note is Dan Garrett's handling and Aldo Colombini's (Non) Prof.'s Nitemare. I would also check Jon Allen's work on his Spectators Don't Exsist Video.

Enjoy the search,

Paul Green