The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Worth buying ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Would you say it is worth buying an all white deck just to perform Sankey's fade out ? Anyone does it ?
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2025 Posts

Profile of Platt
If that's the trick where you do the force under a hankerchief, I'd say no. Isn't that the trick with an old force using an all white deck. Doesn't Michael Close do something like that with all jokers. I don't know. If you could do real magic and someone had a free choice, would you really be introducing a hanky to the equation?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Maybe, it adds a bit to the fact that neither they nor you see the deck.
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
I heared Greg Wilson has a very intersting ambitious card routine with such a deck. I can imagine it has a lot of possibilities. Double lifts, for example.
Deal cards, not drugs!
Magic Marty
View Profile
New user
Illinois
80 Posts

Profile of Magic Marty
If by all white, you mean blank faces and backs, then yes, Greg Wilson has a very cool routine on his 'Pyrotechnic Pasteboards' DVD. Definately worth checking it out.

Marty
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
A white deck is useful.. Smile so many possibilities.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Although I have not seen 'Sankey's fade out', it will be worth buying a blank deck if you think the trick is worth doing.

Hideo Kato
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Try dean dill's blizzard instead Smile
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
256 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Ortiz also does a routine with a blank deck in Cardsharks DVD vol 1. Great effect!!!
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
legalalien
View Profile
New user
German in LA
17 Posts

Profile of legalalien
Blizzard really rocks, in the right setting (formal or semi-formal) when you can carry the stuff.

As for Greg Wilson, buy a couple of decks and the DVD. The concept is very cool and you can adapt any ambitious card routine to fit the bill. A card trick without a "deck of cards", talk about variations in your act.