The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Tamariz Rabbits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I was thinking of buying another video of the Worker's Series with Michael Close and I saw that this trick was on there. I was wondering what the effect of this trick is?
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
It is actually a commercially available item created by Juan Tamariz.

It is a card packet trick with rabbits (and other things) drawn on the face of the cards.

Michael Close only changed/streamlined the handling (and eliminated the pocket sw**ch) that comes with the marketed item.

It is good for walk-around/restaurant work, especially if there are kids present.

Below is the description/excerpt from Michael Close's website:

"Tamariz Rabbits - Michael Close's routine for Juan Tamariz's very commercial packet trick. Michael has eliminated the need to sw**ch cards in your pocket, and has still retained the maximum number of changes. This is a wonderful trick for children"

It is also in his book "Workers" volume 5 (p.85)

I hope this helps.

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Hi David,
this is a cute packet trick which uses specially printed cards. The story is about a rabbit and some apples. The trick is best suited for children, I guess. As far as I know, Stevens Magic sells the trick in the USA.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
I used this quite extensively in my restaurant work. The Roy Johnson handling that came with the trick originally sold by Ken Brooke was a winner.

Regards,

Paul Green
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27303 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
This is the trick that got me interested in cute packet tricks. I got the thing from Ken Brooke's Magic Place in 1975 and was ... hooked.

I took markers and colored in the cards, and was then on tainted away from regular card tricks. The only other card trick I liked for years was another Ken Brooke item, C.I.D.

Card tricks can be very cute. If you can get the thing, enjoy it.
...to all the coins I've dropped here