The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Impromptu loads for cup and ball routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
If you know to within, say, 10 seconds how long your routine is, you can set up your cellphone with an alarm and use it as a final load so that it rings or vibrates before the reveal. If you have your watch on the table or there's a clock with a second hand visible, you can sync your phone to that to help with the timing. There are loads of gags you can use with this.

I think the watch, wallet, phone and keys direction is a good one to go in for totally impromptu loads. Some of these objects are tricky though; I guess a watch with a leather strap and keys in a key case would be helpful.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
407 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
People seem to like money - Loosely balled up bills - the larger the denomination the better do work well as final loads. I have never used them for the cups and balls but have as a single final load for a chop cup.
louisemond
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of louisemond
If I know that I could be asked to do magic, I cary a small plastic case containing fie prepared playing cards that can be made to switch places when laid down. A small pack of "business" cards with an "out to lunch" routine on the back. I also carry a Pea Can. Finally I am always prepeared to to a torn and restored papeer/toilet paper/napkin trick. So to aid with those, I carry a very mini wand made from a q-tip with the fuzz cut off and blackened with a magic marker.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I remember performing in a restaurant and forgot my loads - I went into the kitchen (with the managers permission) and got three lemons.

I used them all night long and the audience never knew the difference.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs