The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Out of stock the same time everywhere?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
toothlessrufus
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of toothlessrufus
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew that there is a Central source from which all suppliers to the public (vanishing inc, penguin magic, tannens, etc) all draw from that same Central stock supply of a product so that when that product is gone from the Central distribution source, it says out of stock everywhere on all websites at the same instant , or do the stores each get a certain number of units? And it's an independent number from anyone else's and the product, just is so in Demand that it also goes out of stock at the same time for everybody? I was getting ready to purchase chill 2.0, And suddenly, it's out of stock everywhere!

the only place I could find it in stock was. World magic supply and it turns out that dude is not minding his store through the rest of the month, so they probably don't have it either, I'm guessing I'll be getting a refund
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of shakuni
All the sites you listed take products/stock from murphysmagic, so if its gone from there, it will be gone everywhere.
toothlessrufus
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of toothlessrufus
Ohhhh. I see. I thought Originally that each store had a finite number, they purchased that they sold out of their own trove. I see that I accidentally by chance bought it from the website that is listed as one of the producers of the trick in the U. K so maybe I got lucky and they have stock still available (right now shows that you can still add this product to cart):

https://www.worldmagicshop.com/product-p......m-wright
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Some websites purchase products in advance and keep stock.
Other sites, like penguin magic, do not keep stock, as they are probably located very near to murphys.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1709 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
Penguin Magic, Vanishing Inc. Magic, and Murphy's Magic Supplies all have warehouses in Rancho Cordova, CA.

Marty