The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Our new arrivals :: Hi from the UK. New to magic, but not new to magic too. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jameschip
View Profile
New user
UK
1 Post

Profile of jameschip
Hi there.

I have been tinkering with magic on and off for a good portion of my life, and am closing in on 40 quickly.

As a kid I has a Paul Daniels magic kit, that I loved, and a Houdini one that was found in a charity shop for me. I have always enjoyed playing with magic, and doing the odd effect here and there, but have always picked it up and put it down again as other things always got in the way, such as playing in bands.

I mostly do card magic because that is what I have to hand, but I found a copy of Modern Coin Magic a few months back in a second hand book shop and now I have started learning coin sleights.

Now I have small kids of my own I was inspired to pick magic back up when my eldest asked me if I could do any magic tricks while we were playing with a deck of cards. Yes, yes I could!

While I don't count myself as a magician I can perform a competent enough double lift, force cards and the like so as to be able to amaze some friends on occasion when I do have a deck of cards to hand.

I like all magic, but I do really enjoy routines that are light and a bit funny.

Other interest I persure are music, art, computer science and botany.

I am looking forward to learning more, and having a community of magicians to talk to.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
A very warm welcome ...
Where are you in the UK?
jameschip
View Profile
New user
UK
1 Post

Profile of jameschip
Thank you very much. I am in East Anglia.
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Welcome jameschip to the Magic Cafe, you will find many helpful people here.

Magically

Aus