The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Portaal - Steve Shufton and David Regal (a Magic Portal review) (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
746 Posts

Profile of canaday
Shufton's Portal
$60.00
https://shufton.com/Magic/Shufton-s_Port......tal.html

The Hype:

When Steve Shufton discovered this  Portal to the 4rth dimension, he realized that this is for YOU, the performing magician. Why? Because Shufton's Portal is the absolute perfect trick for table hopping, walk-around, seated and stand up performances in any close-up or parlor venue, and at any time!
David Regal fell into the 4rth dimension, and liked it there! That is why he went to the Academy of Magical Arts and had them lower the drawbridge to the Magic Castle, where he demonstrated, in 5 stunning routines, just a taste of what Shufton and Regal discovered through the Portal. Full performances and explanations are presented on the instructional DVD that comes with your package. AND, so much more!
Don't stop there - your own creative juices will burst out! You will endlessly invent new material for the Portal to entertain your audiences of all ages.

My Take:
Every time I see Jerry Andrus' Zone Zero, it blows me away. One of the most magical effects that I have ever seen. The only problem is my fingers are not long enough to do it, but that is a thing of the past now. Steve Shufton and David Regal have come up with the Portal.

This is a close-up version of Zone Zero with all the difficult moves being taken care of now with a gimmick built into the prop. The 6” X 4” prop can actually fit neatly into a suit jacket pocket. Making this a perfect walk around routine.

Each and every unit is hand built by Steve, who is one of the more creative magic thinkers around. David Regal makes his presence known by doing the instructional video giving not only the basics but his thoughts on further uses.

The Portal itself looks perfectly innocent. A flat black small piece of board with a hole in the middle. This can be examined as much as your audience likes. There is absolutely nothing to be seen or found. There are no difficult moves to learn. The gimmick takes care of everything. One “prover” I really like is a piece or plastic you are given. It can be placed over the hole and the magic still happens.

I have used Steve's products before and they kill. Using X-Ray (a release from him and Ben Harris), I was able to devastate a former president of the Psychic Entertainers Association. Another moveless and brilliant piece of work.

Steve and David have come up with a true winner with the Portal. I think Jerry Andrus would have been very pleased to see what this duo has done with his effect.

Considering that this is handcrafted (and there seems to be a lot of work in the construction), this is well worth the asking price. And you will spend the first evening that you receive it playing with it and just enjoying watching the balls vanish without a trace.

Highly recommended, Steve and David.