The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Looking for source on mehod for making two knots appear on a rope. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
110 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Hello,
I used to perform this regularly, but after not doing so for 5 years, the muscle memory is gone.

I am trying to remember where I saw a method for making two knots appear on an unknotted rope. The method is sort of a blend between the one handed rope tie and the fling knot thay Daryl does on his rope magic videos. I've looked in my common books and can't find where I saw it

Any advice?
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
110 Posts

Profile of Drylid
And it is not the trick called two at a time, as those make the knots one on each hand. This particular one was sort of tied on one side and you flicked the rope down in the middle and one of the knots had to pass through the other one before tying, which was where it got difficult as it could get stuck
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
You can just put two half-hitches over your fingers, pull the loose end through, and snap.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
110 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I remembered the method, it is essentially a clove hitch over your left hand, then you grab one end and pull it back through the loops, it looks to be used to tie two rings onto two knots. Does anyone know the source that teaches this? My muscle memory kicked in and I was able to do it again.