The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: "Coin Ditcher Gimmick" by Mark Stone (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
About 10-15 years ago, I purchased this pdf from lybrary.com It was kind of a waistline topit for coins (or other small objects). It required that I purchase a very common item which would then be modified into the Coin Ditcher.

The modification was not something I could do on my own, as the 'common item' I purchased was metal, and it had to be sawed, haha. But as the sawing only required 1 stroke of the saw, I took it to an auto repair place and tipped a guy $10 to make the cut. An old sock and some hot glue later, I was in business Smile

This little prop was really good! Great for ditching coins, or whatever...mine could hold a color changing knife! Depending on where you make the cut, it can be deeper or more shallow. The choice is yours. I really liked it.

There was a topic about it here on the Cafe. Here is a link to the item: https://www.lybrary.com/search.php?keywo......+gimmick
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2840 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks for sharing! Sounds interesting. Any physical limitations? Can you walk around with it EDC style? Is it comfortable to wear? Can you sit down with it?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2840 Posts

Oh and clothing… jacket required? I know sleeves are not necessary, but maybe smth to cover the waistline? Thanks in advance!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2840 Posts

BTW, FYI this is another device that can apprently serve much of the same purpose and also function as a holdout: https://thethingthatnevewas.gumroad.com/......neverwas
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218 should answer most questions. Very 'walkable' and comfortable for me. If sitting is problematic for someone due to it's location of use, it can be moved over to the side. No jacket required (the instruction photos are all done in a short-sleeve shirt). Shirt must be tucked in.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2840 Posts

Thank you, Chessman. Much appreciated.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
This looks great. Ordered.
Trivium
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Trivium
I've been using my version for 50 years now. I have modified it many times over the years. I could write a book on it.
I first read about it in Hoffman's Later Magic (1903 or 4). There is so much overlooked in the classic treatises.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2840 Posts

I’m listening.