The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Tel's Bell? Still available? Worthwhile? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of mndude
I'm a little interested in what seems to be a semi classic trick. First, I'm curious if this can still be purchased anywhere.

Secondly, what is your opinion if it is worthwhile? I've seen some people in the past complain that it is not reliable often.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
481 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
I'm sure it can still be purchased off of the web. I was fortunate to have purchased one from someone on The Cafe.

I'm not sure what you mean by "worthwhile". What are your plans to use one for? As far as reliability, I'm pretty satisfied with the one I have and have not had any issue with mine.

~allen
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I believe Guy Bavli has the rights and manufactures and sells them.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2024, Magic from A to Z wrote:
I'm sure it can still be purchased off of the web. I was fortunate to have purchased one from someone on The Cafe.

I'm not sure what you mean by "worthwhile". What are your plans to use one for? As far as reliability, I'm pretty satisfied with the one I have and have not had any issue with mine.

~allen

I'm wanting to do magic for the blind. I was thinking this might be one of the effects that would go over well.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
481 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
That's a GREAT idea!!!

Not knowing the routine, just a thought and I'm sure you realize, you'll have to actually hold the bell yourself in order for the bell to operate.

Have you possibly considered a remote operated bell?

~allen
mndude
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of mndude
Remote operated bell? There's such a thing? Can you prevent them from ringing if someone tries?