The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Blogs?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
438 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
OK, weird question here: I'm trying to work up a big document (or whatevs) that lists important magic-related blogs. My focus here will be pretty much pre-2020 blogs. I'm looking for the good ones..... good material etc. I remember some blog (some time back) where the authors referred to themselves a 'move monkeys' (I liked that term).....the blog had a clever title, some play on magic words, can't quite remember. Any suggestions?
His face isn't really this long in-person!
New user
86 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious Kid
I wanna say the blog you're looking for is the "The Smiling Mule", which is a reference to the Roy Walton effect.
It was also the same guy who took apart Wesley James for mutulating the Bible.

EDIT: The blog itself was called "The Phantom notebooks" https://phantom-notebooks.blogspot.com/
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
438 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Excellent suggestion, although I'm not sure that's it. I think the blog was maintained by a couple of young guys, and I am 97% sure they worked at Tannens. It was heavily devoted to card magic. The name of the blog riff'd on the title of a famous magic book or something like, 'Weirdos at the Card Table' -- (but that's not it!)...... It's on the tip of my tongue! I'd know it in an instant if I saw it! It's making me crazy!
Elite user
438 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
It was 'The Jerx', for the record.