The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: The Algorithm (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Noobmaster69
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2024, Chris wrote:
Just wanted to add the motivation why I implemented this on an Arduboy. When you use an app on a modern smartphone folks know that these things are high-tech devices. Thus the impact of the effect is reduced because they will attribute the effect to some advanced technology on the phone. The beauty of the Al Stanger version with a TI calculator is that this is relatively low-tech and thus it becomes more amazing that this fairly simple gadget can do what it does. With the Arduboy I am capturing that low-tech aspect. The Arduboy is the size of a credit card. It looks like a toy because it is a toy. That makes the effect that much more amazing for spectators.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but is there a code-only version available if you already own an arduboy?
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1184 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2024, Noobmaster69 wrote:
I don't mean to hijack the thread but is there a code-only version available if you already own an arduboy?

Sorry, there is not.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
793 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2024, JosephKerr wrote:
Thanks for that Magic NAO!
I also reached out to the Conjuring Lab and they responded very quickly to say that
although this addition is currently unpublished they plan to add it in the future.

Thanks a lot for this precision !
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
As Gregory Wilson pointed out correctly... you should add a sequence at the end to move away from the phone as at some point you should become the hero or person of interest collecting your deserved round of applause ... (who claps a phone?). Gregory offers his idea which is VERY nice, at least if your spectator can follow a little bit the rules of Black Jack. I found a different handling and an entirely different effect for myself in order to become an even bigger hero than Gregory... Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of toberman
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2024, JanForster wrote:
I found a different handling and an entirely different effect for myself in order to become an even bigger hero than Gregory... Smile ... Jan

Hi Jan. Is that something you would be willing to share with us?

Terry
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes! Later today I will …. Smile … Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
I'm curious too Jan. I just wonder like with Greg's effect, is it stronger than having the full deck match the cards on the screen. He ending just seems much weaker to me. I like the idea of getting away from the App but just hard to come up with something stronger, IMO.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1707 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2024, Sir Pharaul wrote:
I bought this similar app (Card Oracle) from Yves years ago and he quit supporting it, than it was put out again by Prop Dog?, now this. Same effect but it left a bad taste in my mouth for what I paid and the lack of support.

Feel the same way. It was quite expensive as well.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2024, toberman wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2024, JanForster wrote:
I found a different handling and an entirely different effect for myself in order to become an even bigger hero than Gregory... Smile ... Jan

Hi Jan. Is that something you would be willing to share with us?
Terry

I will be a bit cryptic, but owners will understand. At the end you will have 4 known (for you) cards on top of the deck (face down again). "Shuffle" two to the bottom of the deck (face). Then, I use a variation (there are many!) of Bill Simon's Prophecy Move in order to force these 4 cards. There are not important (that's what you proclaim) for the spectator, but he is asked to take and shuffle them. All this is done keeping the cards face down.

Next force a card to the spectator; normally, I simply glimpse the top or bottom card and use any convincing force to do so. In this context and with appropriate time delay, even a Criss Cross force works very well here.

This card will be remembered by the spectator who is asked then to shuffle all 5 cards thoroughly. Now ask him to fan these 5 cards in front of him without letting see you the faces of the cards and name the 4 cards (which are not his chosen card) in any order and as quickly as possible. You pretend to remember and register what he said. Repeat the four cards (seemingly using your trained memory) and ask him to put them face up on the table while you repeat the cards. Finally, your spectator ends up with one card (his chosen card) hidden in his hand, a card you apparently can't know and didn't see. Use the four face up cards on the table to "divine" the card in his hand. Improvise and "jazz" here to make the best out of it - it's fun, doesn't always make sense, but it doesn't matter as long as it sounds "logically"... Smile ....

Additional remarks: As I use always at least parts of my mem...zed stack (Aronson) I use for the 5 cards in Algorithm the cards #11 - #15 (in ascending order) which makes the above extremely easy. Try selling it as a final and even more "complicated" stunt as you work now without your phone and without even seeing the cards (like before), you hear them only, there is no visual aid any more... Smile ... you get the idea.

Alternatively, you can also let the chosen (forced) card be unknown to everyone till the end. So initially, the spectator puts his chosen card face down on the table without looking at its face. (Please resist using a m...ed deck ... it might be the only explanation for your spectator - and he would be right!). Let him call out quickly the other four cards in his hand, you "memorize" them, recall them and once all 4 cards are face up on the table, use them to "calculate" the chosen and unknown card. Play with it, it works really fine, even my wife was fooled - and this isn't an easy task normally... Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2208 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Bought this today and only ran through Yves routine. Looking forward to trying Greg's tomorrow.