The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Does Anyone Use or Have a New Style Coin Box? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
I’ve seen the New Style Coin Boxes at Daytona Magic and other websites. Ever since I’ve seen one I’ve been interested in purchasing one.

Here is what little I know about them. The New Style Coin Box is supposed to be a new version of all the other coin boxes that have came out in the past. They look like a regular Okito coin box but they have a hole that goes through them. Their cover doesn't look like a regular Okito coin box top but looks more like a flat washer again with the hole going through it.

The ad for them says: Every magician that has ever done any coin box magic could be given credit for putting together this type of box. Many effects can be done with this versatile coin box.

The New Style Coin Box sells for $30.00. I’d like to buy a New Style Coin Box but I don’t know much about them. Does anyone here at the Magic Café own or use a New Style Coin Box? If you do what do you think of them? Could you also please tell us some more about them?

Thanks.

Looking again at the picture of the New Style Coin Box I have come to the conclusion that the hole through the coin box is some type of penetration feature.

The hole in New Style Coin Box must be there for penetrations because the pictures show a hole in the lid and in the coin box itself. The picture also shows a Chinese coin with a hole in it. I suppose that you load the Chinese coin into the coin box and then do penetrations. There is also a half-dollar shown in the picture with the coin box but it would have to be gaffed somehow in order to use it in any of the penetrations.

You could probably do a pen through the coin box or a cigarette, or wand through the coin box. I've never seen any of these used so I'm just guessing but it would be interesting to see what kind of tricks a magi could come up with using a unique coin box like this.

Has anybody ever used a coin box like this?
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Sounds a lot like The Mulholland Box described in Bobo's book. Based on the Al N' Nate box. That would make it not very new.