The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Plastic Prestige Gaffs Cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Silversleights04
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, Texas
184 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
So, I know it's a bit divisive, but I actually really like the plastic Bicycle Prestige Rider Backs. They make a great pocket practice EDC deck that you can play with anywhere and work on things like false shuffles, palms, and passes repeatedly without any signs of warping. I recently started performing with them as well when I'm out socially, since I already have them. I actually don't mind them at all, the springiness of them is a nice feature and having cards that aren't affected by humidity is terrific. The lack of a smooth spread isn't too much of a loss for me, I just quickly push off cards with the thumb, like you would if you were counting the cards.

Given the durability and the amount of play they get, I got curious: are there any plastic stock bicycle gaff cards on the market? Were any printed?

If not, how difficult do you think it would be for one of the big producers to make some? Could you custom order them? Nothing fancy, just a double backer and double facer (these cards are a bit too thick and flexible for gluing, and IDK about printing on plastic). Obviously I understand that there is less incentive for companies to produce durable gaff cards that last longer and don't need to be replaced as often, but surely they could be made and sold at a premium for that?

Also, I seem to recall there some kind of hullabaloo about bicycle gaff cards not being produced anymore a few years back? Am I remembering that correctly? Whatever happened with that?

Anyone with any insights, your input is appreciated as always.

Does anyone else like the plastic and want some gaff cards that don't wear and tear?
-Magic sees Magic-

-Marco V-