The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: D'lites for kids - are they well known? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1781 Posts

Profile of Ross W
There's a part of my act in which I would like to remove the light from a mobile phone. I am looking at Pro-Lite 3.0.

I know that D'lites have been in magic sets for ages. How familiar are kids with them, do you think?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1778 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I retired from doing shows a few years ago, but I can say for certainty that D’Lites still got a great reaction.

Whether people know about them or not, it’s all in your presentation. I performed them without patter to an original piece of music, ending with the production of a giant rainbow streamer.

Wherever possible I would prep someone pre-show and cue them to switch the lights off as soon as the first one was produced.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Agree Authur, all comes down to the presentation no matter if they heard of them or not. Further if you are good at misdirection and manipulating the D-Lite quickly on and off your thumb in natural movements, it's an added convincer. Same applies to the TT.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I thought the same thing, that they might have been over exposed, but brought them out for a show during December. No one had seen them before!

So they may have been overexposed at one point, but the toy business moves quickly (and kids grow up) so they're obscure again.