The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Our new arrivals :: Hello from Southern Japan (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
badwords
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of badwords
I've been posting for a little while, but I somehow missed this forum. So here it is.

I'm from Los Angeles, but have lived in Japan down in Kyushu for many years now.

I used to play poker recreationally in the early 2000s and worked at a game store specializing in trading card games for many many years. I spent many days fidgeting with cards while I sat in the empty store waiting for customers. Fast forward to being a teacher, and a student saw me fidgeting with some flash cards and asked me to do a magic trick. I thought that was a great idea, so I learned magic to share it with my students. Now I'm still a teacher that uses lots of magic in the classroom. I also like doing magic for strangers in my community that look bored in public. I have been asked to be entertainment a couple times by international events for locals and foreigners. I'll never leave education because I love it, but lately I've been thinking about taking magic further.

I appreciate pretty much any close up magic. Cards, coins, pens, bills, fingers, you name it. I wanna make it magical. But I definitely spend more time with my cards than anything else, and lately I've been addicted to practicing GSOH moves.

Being in Japan with a magic hobby is very interesting. There's a lot of magicians here, as you all know, but what might be lesser known is how many layman magic fans there are here. I've never been rejected by a potential spectator, and the reactions are always so huge and fun. I highly recommend taking a trip to Japan and performing for some folks on the street.