The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Hot off the Press! :: Marked Bicycle Rider Back Playing Cards (Now on Kickstarter) (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
PavelKlotz
View Profile
New user
Prague, Czech Republic
7 Posts

Profile of PavelKlotz
Hello everybody!

We are excited to announce that our Marked Bicycle Rider Back Playing Cards have just launched on Kickstarter. These are the first officially produced marked Bicycle Rider Backs in a decade.

What do the cards offer?
- A marking system in all four corners.
- A subtle one-way back design.
- A double-backer.
- Duplicate black and white Bicycle Jokers.

We prepared a few fantastic Early Bird deals for the first 24 hours of the campaign.

You can get up to six decks for 10 EUR per deck. The best deal comes with the twelve-deck Early Bird. It is available for just 95 EUR, less than 8 EUR per deck.

Join the campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ond......ng-cards

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the cards or the campaign.

Pavel
WeeBrian
View Profile
New user
Cologne, DE
53 Posts

Profile of WeeBrian
Hmmmnnn...

Is it just me, or do those markings look really obvious?
PavelKlotz
View Profile
New user
Prague, Czech Republic
7 Posts

Profile of PavelKlotz
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2024, WeeBrian wrote:
Hmmmnnn...

Is it just me, or do those markings look really obvious?

They might look obvious in close-up pictures, but if someone is not aware that these cards are marked, it is difficult for them to notice the markings. When we first revealed these last November, many thought they were just standard Bicycle Rider Backs.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Love this. My order is in.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2020 Posts

Profile of Platt
For me personally, not sure it gives me anything I wouldn't get from the various versions of Maiden Backs. I guess my feeling is that if they won't notice the marks they surely won't notice the barely perceptible difference in back design (of MB). But the cards do look nice and I applaud the effort. Also funny promo video!
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
PavelKlotz
View Profile
New user
Prague, Czech Republic
7 Posts

Profile of PavelKlotz
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2024, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Love this. My order is in.

Thank you very much for joining our campaign. Keep your eyes peeled. There are more things coming throughout the campaign.

On Apr 2, 2024, Platt wrote:
Quote:
For me personally, not sure it gives me anything I wouldn't get from the various versions of Maiden Backs. I guess my feeling is that if they won't notice the marks they surely won't notice the barely perceptible difference in back design (of MB). But the cards do look nice and I applaud the effort. Also funny promo video!

Thank you very much for your kind words! And we're happy you liked the trailer! ????

Many magicians still don't like using other versions of Bicycle cards than Rider Backs. It's sometimes out of habit, or they don't like mixing Rider Backs with Maiden or Mandolin Backs. In the end, it all comes down to personal taste.

A spoiler for the campaign. We will offer the classic trick decks made from the Marked Bicycle Rider Backs - Stripper, Svengali, and Force decks.

Pavel
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
728 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Is there any marking for stack? The ability to peek the card participants have selected from marks on the card below always keeps me going back to Nyman's The Code and I agree with Platt that nobody ever knows the difference between Maiden and Rider back. If stack is included I'd been keen to support as getting CODE refills from the US is a hassle.
PavelKlotz
View Profile
New user
Prague, Czech Republic
7 Posts

Profile of PavelKlotz
There are no markings specific to any stack. The cards have standard marks for suit and value and have a one-way back design.

We filmed a trailer for the campaign in which Ondrej talks more about the cards. The trailer now has French, Spanish, and German subtitles.

Watch the trailer here: https://youtu.be/IOQXDYb41Nw?si=clPArICuxOyzsq3_

UPDATE: TRICK DECKS

Trick decks are now available as add-ons. Three of the most used trick decks are available: Stripper, Svengali, and Force. They cost 15 EUR each.

Pavel
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
305 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Would have been nice to mention how to read a card, you clearly show where the markings are, and what they look like but would have been good to say Here's the mark for a 3 of diamonds. I own numerous marked decks but find some are harder to "read" (or decipher) than others. I'm also worried I'd have trouble seeing the marks, which I understand for younger magicians is not a problem but us oldies the eyesight is not as sharp as it once was!!!!!

Quality looks good, congrats on reaching the target.
PavelKlotz
View Profile
New user
Prague, Czech Republic
7 Posts

Profile of PavelKlotz
Thank you very much!

We will shoot a video about the marking system with Ondrej tomorrow, and it should be published before the end of the week. The video should also answer some questions about the visibility of the marks, but since everybody has different eyesight, it isn't easy to classify that in general.

I'll share the video here when it is released.

Pavel
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
305 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Thank you Pavel much appreciated. It'll be great having a decent Bicycle marked deck again!
peirceman
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of peirceman
Good luck with your project!! I wish you all the best.

Personally, I am confused by magician's obsession with Rider Back cards. I have never seen a rider back deck in my non-magician friends and relatives homes. They are either promo decks or cheap cards. (Maverick, Aviator, Studs, etc). A easily read pack of readers regardless of back design will get the job done.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
979 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Backer here. Traditional Cuts coming?
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
979 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
04/18, 300% goal reached - Traditional Cut unlocked Smile Smile
PavelKlotz
View Profile
New user
Prague, Czech Republic
7 Posts

Profile of PavelKlotz
Hello again, everybody!

Our Kickstarter campaign hit 300% last week. We're not stopping there, and we'd like to ask for your help.

Help us reach 100 shares on our Facebook post and unlock the exclusive BLUE Marked Bicycle Rider Back deck as an add-on! Let’s make it happen together!

How to Participate:

1) Share this post with your friends and in your groups - https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story......Iw0A135G
2) Tag your magician buddies to spread the word even faster.
3) Join the Kickstarter campaign for the most affordable marked Bicycle Rider Back playing cards on the market today!

Ready to join the fun? Start sharing now, and let’s hit that 100-share milestone together!
PavelKlotz
View Profile
New user
Prague, Czech Republic
7 Posts

Profile of PavelKlotz
Blue Marked Bicycle Rider Backs are AVAILABLE now!

There are just a little over 24 hours left of the campaign. If you've not joined yet, this might be the last chance to get the Marked Bicycle Rider Backs for the best prices.

Pavel