The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Best on line shop (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mwalshlfc
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Mwalshlfc
Hi, I'm new to the MagicCafe so thanks for letting me in. I have been searching the online shops looking for 3 particular tricks (Recommended by Craig Petty in his BMC review). Jupiter-Thomas Badar, Vanish-Justin Millerbrand and Extractor V2-Bromley and Peter Nardi. So far no luck. I bought Extractor V1 from America. Can anyone advise a novice where to shop? Thank in advance Guys.
badwords
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of badwords
I think most people do their shopping on penguinmagic.com and vanishingincmagic.com

Those are the two big retailers. There are also other smaller retailers that usually sell their own creations, like Alakazam.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
There are a lot of threads discussing this topic Mwalshlfc. The Cafe's search function isn't the most high tech, but it should lead you to them.

But, I never tire of talking about magic shops, so I'll concur with badwords regarding Penguinmagic.com, Vanishingincmagic.com, and Alakazam. I'll also add Hocus Pocus, Stevens, and Viking Magic if you are looking for more curated product lines. They tend to carry effects that are a little less mainstream, but in a good way.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Tschark86
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Tschark86
You can't go wrong with the shops that were mentioned already.
However, the best option for you also depends on your preferences and your location. Penguin and Vanishing Inc offer free international shipping for any order which is great but it takes some time to deliver to Europe. You might have to deal with customs as well. On the other hand, if I order here in Germany, it will arrive faster, but most of the shops only offer free shipping for orders higher than a specific amount (e.g. 75€).
There are online shops in Germany that offer great customer service and are really passionate with Magic but have 10% higher prices; others offer lower prices but less service. It always depends on what you are looking for...

As for the tricks you were searching for:

Jupiter was a Blackpool exclusive for the time being. I'm afraid you can't buy it anywhere at the moment. It will hit all major dealers at some point, though, just like Thomas' previous release "Drop" did last year.

The Extractor 2 has been out of stock for quite some time (I bought mine used on ebay) but you are lucky: It has just been re-released by Alakazam. It looks like it is exclusive to Alakazam at the moment ans I don't know if that will change in the near future. But as already mentioned: Alakazam is a really great shop so there is no downside to ordering with them. It should also qualify for free worldwide shipping because of the price.

Vanish is a bit more complicated. The major shops don't seem to have it, but a quick google search brought up two shops in Germany, one in the Netherlands and one in Italy that list is as in stock. Again, I don't know where you are based, but I would assume that there's a shop near you that has it as well.