The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: So Happy together... :: Black Pool Convention Idea ?? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3368 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Hello Fellow Magicians - I always watch the videos on Youtube of the Blackpool Convention & really enjoy it ! I know I will never go cause I am in the U.S. The New tricks
they show are incredible "Were Do We Buy Them" ? I know the video will show the creator & the booth but why not Add a link Highlighted that stands out So we can purchase the trick !
Anyone Else Agree ?

Best,
Tophatter
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
Toronto Canada
87 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
I love watching blackpool videos, you get all the front-row views without having to deal with the big crowds

What you're suggesting is a nice idea, but my understanding is a good amount of the tricks at Blackpool aren't officially released yet at the time, and can only be purchased at the convention. Many creators use the convention to boost hype about an upcoming product, but hold off on public release until weeks/months later, for various reasons.

Wayne Fox's effects only became available 4 days ago, even though he was showing & selling them at Blackpool, & Crazy Sam's Mind was one of the hypes of the convention, but for us plebs who weren't there, we could only buy it weeks later
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Actually, I still can’t find Sams Crazy Mind anywhere.
WeeBrian
View Profile
New user
Cologne, DE
53 Posts

Profile of WeeBrian
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2834 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I saw the effect with the table tennis ball and Googled my *^s off to find it. To no avail. Until today, when videoman posted it here in L and G. Turns out it’s called Blow Hard and in the ad they called it a styrofoam ball.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It's a good idea, but I don't know if it's doable in reality. The reason is because most of them are pre-release or even BP exclusive products.
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
Toronto Canada
87 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
There was also an audio effect called something like 'Sonor', making sounds from nowhere - it was mentioned and briefly shown in 1 video out of the 15+ I watched, and until now I've failed to find anything more about it