The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Akronym by Yves Doumergue and Conjuring Labs (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Noleggeisha
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Noleggeisha
Hello,

I don’t post much here (or at all) but I just wanted to talk about an effect that mostly flew under the radar called Akronym and created by Yves Doumergue.

The routine is very well constructed and has literally no setting restrictions : casual, close up, parlour or stage.

The effect : the spectator goes on Wikipedia on his phone and searches any word then clicks any blue word in the Wikipedia page going to another freely chosen page then another then another. In the end, all the words are lined up to reveal a thought of word, the name of the spectator or the company.

It is so practical and very very strong.

https://conjuringlab.com/
otreboR
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
401 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Hi!
Check this (https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=218&topic=768386) thread.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1549 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Is this effect an app?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
ronnieriddle
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ronnieriddle
This is my first post in the Cafe but I had to comment on this effect as well. I own tons of magic and apps that are very good but the beauty of this is that it is not an app and there is nothing to carry. You can use it totally impromptu, have nothing hidden (you could do it naked if that's your thing). You don't even have to have your own phone with you. It is super easy to set up and use, doesn't matter what phone the spectator has (as long as its not an android from before 2018) and it is one of those things you do on yourself to practice (not that it needs much practice) and it brings a smile everytime. I love it and will be using it a lot. I purchased mine direct from Conjuring Labs as it is cheaper and had it all set up ready within half hour of paying. It will go with me everywhere as all you need is inside your head so no pocket space required.
ronnieriddle
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ronnieriddle
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2024, ronnieriddle wrote:
This is my first post in the Cafe but I had to comment on this effect as well. I own tons of magic and apps that are very good but the beauty of this is that it is not an app and there is nothing to carry. You can use it totally impromptu, have nothing hidden (you could do it naked if that's your thing). You don't even have to have your own phone with you. It is super easy to set up and use, doesn't matter what phone the spectator has (as long as its not an android from before 2018) and it is one of those things you do on yourself to practice (not that it needs much practice) and it brings a smile everytime. I love it and will be using it a lot. I purchased mine direct from Conjuring Labs as it is cheaper and had it all set up ready within half hour of paying. It will go with me everywhere as all you need is inside your head so no pocket space required.

No, not an app, you don't even need your phone.
lele.lodigiani
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of lele.lodigiani
Hi. Any plan to release it in Italian,
Thank you

Lele
mentalist.aazan
View Profile
New user
Kashmir
38 Posts

Profile of mentalist.aazan
I made something similar inspired by this great effect. Did post it in this forum Smile
Feel free to check it out:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=303
magicsiow1
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicsiow1
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2024, mentalist.aazan wrote:
I made something similar inspired by this great effect. Did post it in this forum Smile
Feel free to check it out:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=303

I fully support this shortcut, amazing! Because I just tested it for my child, and he was shocked and felt unbelievable

thanks bro
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1440 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I’m really digging this. That little birdie sure does know a thing or two.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
273 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
FYI: Yves Doumergue released "Ripped & Restored" many, MANY years ago. It was the best one-piece-at-a-time signed torn and restored playing card method out there. I used to do it all the time for Dean Dill at his shop. Yves is a seriously talented guy.