The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Should kids do street magic? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Hudson52Sleights
View Profile
New user
Australia, Brisbane
23 Posts

Profile of Hudson52Sleights
Hey everyone, just asking for general advice, should kids do street magic? Is it safe for kids to do and where should their guardian stand or be? It seems to me that street magic seems to be increasingly popular and I want to know what other magicians think! thanks.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
This tends to be more popular in Europe and surrounding areas. I would never suggest this for newbies myself, especially in the U.S. The performance dynamics, like busking, are quite different from those wishing to perform, stage, standup, parlour, and really even closeup. The inexperienced think there are similarities, but the main difference in in most street/ambush performances outcomes are not like you see in videos or on youtube.

They will show the one that went well but not the other 25, 40, or more that were bad.

Define you performance goals and then find performance opportunities that are working towards that. Most people do not get into magic to do street magic for unsuspecting people on the street.