The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Sub Trunk Suggestions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ragaje
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Ragaje
Greetings! I am going to be building the Osbourne Simplex Sub Trunk. The building of the trunk looks pretty basic.
I am lookin for any tips, suggestions, dos and don'ts of PERFORMING the illusion.

Since I could find very little on the performance anywhere, I'm assuming it is just a matter a practice and coordination
with whoever I will be using for the "sub".

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you all!
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3044 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Strongly recommend Magic of the Pendragons Volume #2. It is amazing the details they provided in this series.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11143
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
When the Wife and I worked(assistants) for the Ken Griffen Show - Ken, didn't trade places with Bert (His Wife) - He was the "MAGICIAN" - it was if HE had the male and female asst.s trade places. Just an Idea - Wife and I learned a lot so when we Toured with our own Show. Ralph ROUSSEAU
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Ragaje, I have built from the Simplex Sub-trunk plans. Don't rely on the dimensions Paul provided on the plans, they are only for dimensional proportions. You want to make sure you make cardboard mockups and adjust your dimensions as you go.
The T@#* in the top is critical that you make sure it fits your shoulders and the same for your assistant. This has a direct effect on the speed of your exchange.
Also the area that is critical is the area under the T@#* when open, you have to maneuver around this which will also have an effect on the exchange speed.
As an old guy I always suggest watching the performance Doug Henning did on this one, total classic exchange and fast...
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Ragaje
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Ragaje
Thank you for all your responses.