The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Looking for magnetic Kennedy half dollar - Inspectable? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
georgebd
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of georgebd
I am looking for members' opinions on the best (strongly magnetic) Kennedy half dollars that can be handed out for inspection without suspicion.

I have noticed many people mention Kreis Magic magnetic halves, but many also say that they are not good for close inspection.

Thanks for any input you might have.

(Note: looking for magnetic coins, not coins that are attracted to magnets.)
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
The magnetic Kennedy half included in the JB Magic Triception set is extremely well made. I doubt a layman could detect anything unusual.

I suppose you could ask Mark if he might offer one separately.
georgebd
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of georgebd
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2024, GJo wrote:
The magnetic Kennedy half included in the JB Magic Triception set is extremely well made. I doubt a layman could detect anything unusual.

I suppose you could ask Mark if he might offer one separately.

Thanks! I wrote to Mark. In fact, I would be interested in the Triception set which is currently listed as out of stock. I asked if one might be available.
georgebd
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of georgebd
Does anyone know if there is a magnetic Kennedy half in any of the Craig Petty sets? I have been eyeing those as well. Thank you. I need one that I can hand to a participant for a which hand routine and want the coin to look as "real" as possible.
MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Kreis Magic is selling very strong magnetic Kennedy halfs. There are supposed to be the strongest.
Thierry from MKS told me he could not match them and he has no idea how they do it.
There is a thread about Silver Edge by Kim Andersen/Ellusionist, which came with these coins
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&start=0
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2024, georgebd wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a magnetic Kennedy half in any of the Craig Petty sets? I have been eyeing those as well. Thank you. I need one that I can hand to a participant for a which hand routine and want the coin to look as "real" as possible.

None of them that I'm aware of. at least not in the way you're looking for.
georgebd
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of georgebd
Ordered a Triception set directly from Mark. It will provide the magnetic half dollar I need, plus a lot more. Thanks for the advice!
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2024, georgebd wrote:
Ordered a Triception set directly from Mark. It will provide the magnetic half dollar I need, plus a lot more. Thanks for the advice!

Glad to know it worked out. Mark is terrific.

Enjoy the set.