The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: A GREAT SELF WORKER (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
386 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Okay....everyone knows Karl Fulves gemini twins but I'm thinking to myself.....Its a great trick ...how can I dress it up....Off the top of my head, once I show that I predicted each cards twin (or the spectator did actually, that I spread all te other cards and they are all blank...What do you guys think???
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Nice! There are so many ways to dress this effect up!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7034 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Al Ackerman
Eugene Burger
Simon Aronson
Many more .
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
I like Bannon's Collusion (it's a variant of Gemini).... an interesting discussion at the link: https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......c=754785

Best regards!
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
384 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
The idea of a blank deck has already been explored. Go to this Conjuring page: https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/category/2525 and key in blank in the [Filter Result] field and you'll get a few entries.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
386 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
ASs you know its difficuklt to follow eery post in every forum
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
There is a version wherein the magician has supposedly collected lots of cards as souvenirs. They all have the same face value but different backs. The spectator inserts a card (maybe two) and finds the card with a matching back. I can't remember who the creator was. Anyway it's basically the Gemini trick with a face-up deck. But feels very different.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7034 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Nick Trost's Rainbow Miracle.
And a miracle it truly is.
Picard
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Picard
This is my favorite version, based on Bannon’s Four Sided Gemini, just differently presented: https://youtu.be/Ot3SQss8TKk?si=bLdUO2lTjoiQx88n

Another touch of mine that will throw off magicians or any smarter spectators (I had one person figure out the original Gemini Twins) - after the predictions have been placed I casually ask someone: “Left or right?”.
If they say Right, I spread the packet normally (from left to right), if they say Left, I spread the packet from right to left and now you can take out cards to the left of the prediction cards!
Of course, before I take out cards and immediately after spreading them I comment that they have determined the position of the prediction cards using their thought of numbers. Had they chosen a different number, cards would be in different location etc. Then I take out cards either to the left or to the right of the prediction cards.
This little touch makes it impossible to backtrack and makes the procedure much more logical. With the original procedure, people can reasonably wonder (even without saying it) why you’re taking out card to the right instead of the one on the left. Both are ‘next to’ the predictions.