The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Trick With a Carmex Tin (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SamuelJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of SamuelJonesMagic
I bought a tin of carmex lip balm today and it evoked a vague memory of a trick in some book I read long ago that involved said tin. I remember the instructions saying a carmex tin is great because the bottom is partly hollow and you can store a coin in it. So my question is, is this a real memory? Any recorded tricks with carmex tins? I think it's quite a neat and justifiable object and I'm interested in seeing what I could do with it.
Thanks!
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
750 Posts

Profile of karnak
If the Carmex container has a recessed bottom, perhaps you could adapt some Boston Box routines to use with it?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
SamuelJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of SamuelJonesMagic
It turns out the trick I remembered was 'Lip Balm' on page 37 of The Art of Astonishment Book 1.
But like I said, I'm very much interested in any other lip balm ideas since it's such a commonplace item to carry around.
gigmaster2001
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of gigmaster2001
On Homer Liwags Masterclass from Vanishing Inc you will find a nice Carmex routine.