The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: New Coke Bottle (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
badwords
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of badwords
I have seen some newer coke bottles from Mexico that have changed the label to a black and white, and I think those were a clear bottle. Every classic glass bottle of coke with a red and white label from Mexico that I have seen has had that green tint I think.
erichoudini
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Thank you badwords. All the best.
Eric.
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
130 Posts

Profile of spudster85
After many attempts at doctoring the labels that come with the bottle, I think I have finally found easily reproducible results that look close to the real thing. A lot happier with this!

Click here to view attached image.
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
130 Posts

Profile of spudster85
spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
130 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2024, erichoudini wrote:
I am awaiting my Vanishing Coca Cola bottle from Vanishing Inc. and am wondering if the Coca Cola bottles from Mexico all have a green tint and if so, will the Nielsen-Harris bottle match it? Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
Eric.

As you can see in my pictures above, the real bottle does have the green tint. I've not seen any that differ from this. The vanishing bottles are clear. This is something that I think is only noticeable when they are side by side. Obviously, if the audience is seeing these side by side, one is presenting the effect totally wrong!
badwords
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of badwords
If a spectator went "but the tint is gone!" they'd honestly sound weird to everyone else even though they're right.
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
157 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
On the subject of the tint that is found on the bottle, Henry actually spoke about it on his most recent Q&A video.

Hopefully you all can find your answer there. Essentially, no one should be picking it up since there's no attention drawn towards this aspect.

https://youtu.be/_E6HXAVBbKM?si=vcerq3FgXSrY4NXs
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

Welcome to #theBLACKseries, a collection of my Cardistry work.
Only at: http://www.instagram.com/dylanxtaylor
erichoudini
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Thanks for this information spudster85. I have ordered some extra original Coca Cola labels from Nielsen Magic. Fast and friendly service from them is much appreciated. All the best.
Eric.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Initially, I was really confused by the images of the gimmicked vs. ungimmicked bottles in the original post link. They have two different label designs side-by-side. The gimmicked bottle has the label with small text on the lower portion while the ungimmicked does not:

When you compare to an ungimmicked bottle with the small text label showing, they are much closer in appearance (like this image from Amazon):

spudster85
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Kentucky
130 Posts

Profile of spudster85
Frank,

Yes, there is two sides to the bottle. Plus, the white nutritional label. One side of the bottle has white writing along with the Coke logo. The other basically is just the same Coke logo sans the white writing. To each their own I guess on this issue. I got called out twice. Too much for me. Printed overlaying labels and has been smooth sailing since. If anyone wants the file for the labels, message me. I'll be more than happy to send them your way.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2024, spudster85 wrote:
I got called out twice. Too much for me.

Wow. Wouldn't have imagined that. Totally understand where you are coming from.

Thanks for the clarifications on the various labels.

I saw Henry present this at the IBM Virtual convention during Covid pandemic and loved it. As put in another thread, I took a comedy approach to the "time reversal" idea transforming the coke bottle into a glass bottle of corn syrup. It gets a really good laugh and sets up for the pseudo-sucker punch of the bag being crushed. It is a very shocking moment that doesn't have the negative aspect of other sucker style routines. I guess one benefit of this is I don't have to worry about matching of bottle!
joshjmill
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
8 Posts

Profile of joshjmill
I've been in the market for a vanishing bottle for awhile now, and I don't see any reason that this shouldn't be the one to go for! I love the additional auditory convincer, and the fact that the tint is ever so slightly off or the label isn't 100% doesn't bother me entirely. I was at a large show this past weekend (huge budget, beautiful theater) and a Vanishing Bottle routine was done as filler during a transition. The signs that it was not a "genuine" coke bottle were apparent to anyone in the audience who was "in the know," but overall the people who the show was being put on for absolutely loved it! This bottle looks even better and has even more convincers Smile

Appreciation to spudster85 for putting even more work into making better labels, and those who pointed in the direction of where Nielsen labels can still be acquired!