The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Any interest in purchasing my show? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2544 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Hello,

I have two shows that I made and performed but have been retired due to health reasons for years now. One is a reading show and the other a bully show. These shows are made up of other peoples' effects but with a themed presentation/patter.

For example, my reading show is all about the importance of reading for whatever career you decide to pursue. I did the PB& J effect with a patter that emphasizes how a chef uses reading everyday in their work.

An excerpt from my patter for the PB& J routine:
If you want to be a chef someday you are going to need to be able to read so you can follow recipes and read your favorite cookbooks. You have to be able to write down the recipes you create so you will be able to recreate them later. And you have to be able to read about nutrition and the health of food so you know what you are making is healthy for people to eat. If you decide to grow up and be a chef, you need to grow up being able to do what? (The audience shouts back READ!)

Reading is brought up with each routine and is the emphasis of the show. The kids walk away knowing that reading is fundamental.

The Bully Show is about educating on the topic and explaining what it is and how to help stop it.

Now, because the shows are made up of other peoples' routines I wouldn't be able to include the workings of their effects/routines. However I can explain what I used and how I tied it into the reading and bullying theme.

Each show had a run time of about 45-50 minutes and is packed with magic.

I was thinking people might be interested in purchasing them for ideas/ways to incorporate effects into these themes. Or to have a starting point for creating their own show. I mean you could just take the shows I have created and use them but I am confident most would want to make them their own.

Anyway, I was thinking of putting my shows into a PDF format and selling them for $15 each for anybody that is interested. Direct sales through PayPal to keep them off the rip off sites for as long as possible.

My question to you fellow children performers is would this be something you would be interested in?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Paul
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I think this is a great idea. For the performer/presenter it is much easier than creating an entire school assembly from scratch and all that entails. Plus, it is the fastest way to profitability because you get to making income much quicker because all the work has been done for you.

I myself have specialized in the school market for 35+ years and over the past few years, due to reducing my touring schedule and time on the road, have been licensing out 5 of my own school assemblies, fundraising, and entertainment shows - Improve Your Memory, Improve Your Grades, Healthy For Life, Internet & Cell Phone Safety For Students, Choose to be Bully-Free, and Superstar Students each which has made decent money individually for years. I've been licensing these exclusively for different area/territories and it has created a win/win for all involved. They come with everything including business model, business plan, marketing plan, all marketing materials, phone scripts, samples, templates, and more.

This is really the way to go as working with a time-tested, proven, and already well-accepted national programs is much better and far easier than trying to create your own for anyone seriously interested in working the school market on more than just a surface level. In addition, I also offer my School Market Success training and coaching program for those seriously interested in learning about and working today's real school market (not just the surface-level school market that many magicians seem to work).

Paul's shows are two topics, Reading and Bullying, that are popular and well-received in schools everywhere regardless of location. Where Paul's are just tips and ideas, for the price you would really have nothing to lose (where as mine are full complete programs and include some coaching and consultations too.)
lippy
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
58 Posts

Profile of lippy
Hi Mindpro, where can we get more information about your shows for license?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I will PM you lippy.