The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: House of Babcock Collectors Information & Facebook Group (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
I have been doing some research into the House of Babcock magic. I know of the book The Story and Magic of Mel Babcock, Mel's youtube videos, the archived shops, numerous magazine articles, and the interview video. There was a seemingly very active Facebook group but it is private and my membership has been pending for a while. The admin is William Winters who doesn't seem to have been active for a while.

Does anyone know if the Facebook group is abandoned?
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Just a quick update for future searchers. I was just approved for the group so it is still active. A lot of great material there!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Thanks FrankFindley. I'm a member there too, and although I don't frequent the group often, I can attest that it's still active. And the posts prove that the members are pretty much enamoured with Mel's work.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2024, Wizard of Oz wrote:
And the posts prove that the members are pretty much enamoured with Mel's work.

He has done a terrific job with his items. I recently acquired his Triple Card Prediction which uses a very unusual principle applied to cards. Very clever. Performed it for the first time at our local IBM Ring on Monday. It was well received.

Would love to pick up a flying die.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3875 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2024, FrankFindley wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2024, Wizard of Oz wrote:
And the posts prove that the members are pretty much enamoured with Mel's work.

He has done a terrific job with his items. I recently acquired his Triple Card Prediction which uses a very unusual principle applied to cards. Very clever. Performed it for the first time at our local IBM Ring on Monday. It was well received.

Would love to pick up a flying die.

You might e-mail him directly to see what's currently in-stock. He's very friendly and only 93 years young... A very nice man and a knowlegable magician.