The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: The Another Coin Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Anybody ever use Another Coin Box that Daytona Magic and some other magic shops sell?

When I was shopping for a Okito coin box I soon found out that there were many different types of coin boxes on the Market.

I bought this Okito coin box because with this one box, you can perform nearly any routine that calls for a Okito Box, a Boston Box, a German Box or Coin Cup, etc.

The Another Coin Box resembles the original Okito Box in shape and design but it has recesses on the lid and cover, instead of the smooth top and bottom like the original Okito Box. These recesses allow the coin box to perform other moves.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
I only use a regular Okito box. That, with it's regular routines and the material in Roth's Expert Coin Magic already gives you a lot to play with. Also, everything I use is fully examinable.

I think if you use gaffed boxes, such as Boston, Beyond Okito or whatever, you should either have an identical box that you can switch it for, or better use a regular Okito box to condition the spectator to the fact that magic happens in this box, and when they've examined it often enough to be convinced that the box is fair, only then switch to your gaffed box. Many people have not seen coin boxes before, and whenever you pull one out of your pocket their first thought is 'GAFF!' Once you convinced them that the box is what it appears to be, feel free to wreck havoc with other types of boxes....
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of Julie
As discussed before, it's your "professional" attitude towards the little box that will or will not arouse suspicion.
Use it to hold another prop or special coin and do not use it's "Okito properties" until later.

Sometimes we run without being chased. (Of course, the added effects of the plug box or the smaller opening box can be fun, too!)
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I've seen Another Coin box made by Magic King (India) and I don't really like the design. The box's recess that I saw couldn't relly fit a half-dollar.
Bernard Sim
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
The Another Coin Box that I have a half-dollar will fit into the coin box interior and into the top and bottom recesses. It is a nice basic okito type coin box that flips over well.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon