The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Magic with nuts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Sankey, as we know, has created effect’s with just about every common everyday object under the sun. Well a long time ago he came up with something blush hardware. Namely nuts. He took four or five bolts and one at a time he balanced them on one another in a nice little balanced stack. Then for the kicker he revealed that they were all insepeperably stuck together.

I made up the effect, which I had learned from one of his DVD’s. Well years later, like yesterday, I found the effect in my old magic drawers. Problem is I don’t really recall how it was done,or which DVD it was on. So I went through all my Sankey DVD’s with a fine toothed comb, and for the life of me I can’t find the effect nor its name.

Anybody here know the name of the effect and WHICH DVD release he taught it on? That would be a tremendous help .

Thanks, Doug
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I typed “blush hardware.” That was spell checker chiming in and I didn’t see it till after posting, and now I can’t seem to find the edit functiion! What I actually typed in was WITH hardware!

Just trying to clear up any confusion.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
It’s called A Delicate Balance and it’s on his Supernatural DVD.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thank you! I’ll go back and double check because SOMEHOW I totally missed it!

But thanks again!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You were right! I’m kicking myself. I swear I went over that DVD several times! Somehow I was blind! Ever done that? Have something staring you right in the face and you still can’t see it??

Anyway, much appreciated my friend!
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
750 Posts

Profile of karnak
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2024, daffydoug wrote:
Somehow I was blind! Ever done that? Have something staring you right in the face and you still can’t see it??

I experience this all the time.

It’s almost as if something like… hmmm… “misdirection” was being expertly used to fool us!
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2024, karnak wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2024, daffydoug wrote:
Somehow I was blind! Ever done that? Have something staring you right in the face and you still can’t see it??

I experience this all the time.

It’s almost as if something like… hmmm… “misdirection” was being expertly used to fool us!

One of issues that arise when I am in search of something, I find myself distracted by other things of interest and I don't remember what I originally had began searching for.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
750 Posts

Profile of karnak
Whenever I tell my wife I can't find something in the fridge or pantry, she points out that I'm practically staring right at it.

I have eyes, yet fail to see....

(If I could learn how to apply that mighty level of misdirection to spectators, what an amazing magician I might be!)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836